Monday, March 13, 2006

fish says

I don't know why there is a reference to Deb there..but well i juz hope tat everything is well and fine for her....

I guess if anyone wants to see what education gives, we juz need to look at what bina and tee typed... contrasting it maybe, it's views that comes when someone is educated. Be it through books or through life, education comes in many forms... and we all will one day realise out limits in the world of academics, it's not the end of e route. It's juz the beginning of another.

I'm not going to discuss much abt what they typed..i'm jzu going to pur my thoughts out..in this early wee hours of 0310. Knowledge... to me is Power... i see knowledge as power. Which is why pple crave knowledge. By knowing more, they "know" e way to go, the things to do, the "right" choice. At least the choice that is right to them. Education will fail if fails to impart values. More than often, education as focus solely on knowledge, i mean knowledge in the quatitative side of life. White collar crimes are definately not to due to the lack of knowledge, but rather to a lack of values. It hurts me to see a knowledgable person, heading down the path of crimes due to a lack of moral intergrity. The years of education had done nothing but to put the power to destroy himself in his own hands. Education have done him no good, and that he wld be better off as an uneduated farmer in the rural areas, living a simple life.

I think we have all been trying too hard to do well academically. Till a point that sometimes we can try every trick in e book to do "well" academically. Here I am... writing abt this, i feel rather guilty... guilty because i do not know how to say no.. yes how to say no..to a friend who ask me to help her type an assignment. No, not juz to edit, but to do an assignment. The way that she goes..." when the topic was given, the first thing i thought abt is you. Coz i rmb u wrote something similiar" It didn't strike me as a compliment that I was engaged to help, but it rather make me feel sad... sad that someone in the higher level of education can actually have so little pride in their own work.

It set me thinking, thinking abt myself. I guess I went down this road too, the road of copying homework just to make sure that I completed it. Perhaps, that why i never love maths, becoz i have nver prided myself in completing my own assignments. In that one or two times that I did it all by myself, i felt a sense of satisfaction, but that wasn't stronger than e need to finish the work to avoid punishment. Come to think of it...i feel ashame of myself now... coz i copied work... i wasn't proud of my own work... and i realli regretted doing such a thing in the past. But I dare say that I have never at least consciously, asked someone else to do my assignment and claim it to be mine.

I dunnoe how many pple are doin it now... when i told Khor, he told me amny pple in uni do that... tat's kinda of sad... perhaps in this quest for knowledge, or in this quest to attain the honours, we have lost our moral compass somewhere. The integrity..... somebody once said, integrity won't feed you. I borrowed it and said it a few times... perhaps it's true..but izzit that worthless? I guess it's not for me to judge....

Breaking away from all this crap shit.... i'm GOING into ORDing mood...i'm so looking forward to finishing my national service... I think it have given me something, putting things into perspective for me. It has taken much from me too, but that's only fair..i guess... and now for something even mroe lighthearted... i think I got the STEAL of the month...haha... thanks to mr Khor who convince me tat it is... and I have not regretted it ever since i bought my new WALLET...haha...

Guys lets have another class outing... soon alright... dateline..b4 my birthday..*hint hint* when e girls are free and e guys are not confined.... acutalli i'm thinking of Kbox... maybe becos i only been to kbox once, and that was with e class...and the other few times that u guys go, i have missed out on it... either by my own undoing or commitments. Anyone, anytime????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home